GetSimple CMS (License: Free)
GetSimple is an XML based, stand-alone, fully independent and lite Content Management System. Here are its main features:
- XML Based
We don’t use mySQL to store our information, but instead depend the simplicity of XML. By utilizing XML, we are able stay away from introducing an extra layer of slowness and complexity associated with connecting to a mySQL database. Because GetSimple was built specifically for the small-site market, we feel this is the absolutely best option for data storage.
- You can "Undo" Almost Everything
We’ve included "undo" into almost every action you can take on the site, giving you peace-of-mind for when you make those inevitable stupid mistakes.
- Easy to Learn UI
The top priority when designing our user-interface was to make it the best in it’s class. We had the luxury of trying and testing all the competing management systems before designing ours, so we took the best out of each one - then refined it.
- Simple Installation
The total time in setting up a website took a total of 5 minutes, from starting the FTP to finishing the setup procedure.
- Simple Theme Customization
We have how to documents that show you how to create a custom theme. Our goal was not to bloat our software with hundreds of little-used theme functions, but to offer more than enough to allow for a fully customized theme.
- Designed For the Small-Site Market
This is one of the reasons GetSimple uses XML rather than a robust database such as mySQL. For most small businesses, their only real need is to be able to easily update their site without the need of a ton of extraneous rarely used features. GetSimple’s goal is to manage small websites efficiently and effectively.
GetSimpleCMS, part1, Intro to GetSimpleCMS and xxamp.mp4
GetSimpleCMS, part2, installing and basic use.mp4
Recent Tweets from GetSimple CMS
- GetSimple 3.3.14 beta Shawn has released a beta for GS 3.3.14 ift.tt/2BUVeyL - By default, extensions of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago
- Support needed I am looking for forum moderators, we have had a massive influx of spammers. I need volunteers for … ift.tt/2v00Lhb 7 months ago
- POLL: Add ckeditor image drag drop Add feature to drag and drop right into the editor to core. Note this requires … ift.tt/2mq54y6 one year ago
- GetSimpleCMS v3.3.10 Releasedhttp://ift.tt/1itpTzF ift.tt/200c1mx one year ago
- Wiki Updates Wiki Update log ift.tt/1rPq3wa one year ago
- More Tweets from GetSimple CMS
User Reviews on GetSimple CMS
Post A review